A brand new year is nearly here so it seems the perfect time to look back on 2018 and make a note of my highlights, both on a personal and business level.
Since January 2018 I have been adding a weekly highlight to a jar to improve my mindset and be more positive in general. This may sound like a time consuming exercise and I must admit I did forget at times so had to play catch up, but it honestly felt great to look back on each week and remember the positive moments rather than focusing on the negatives.
I’m obviously not going to mention all 52 of them as that may take some time so below are a handful of my personal favourites.
- We moved into our new house and I got my own office space
- Towards the end of the month I felt more determined than ever to leave my events job and run my business full time.
- Handed in my notice at my full time job! 16 March 2018
- Exhibited at my first wedding fair and loved it! It was so nice to meet other like minded business owners and chat to lots of lovely couples.
- Received lots of interest from the wedding fair
- Launched my wedding childcare service
- Coordinated a fabulous teepee wedding
- Enjoyed my first full week of being self employed!
- Found out I was pregnant after nearly two years of trying for a family 🙂
- Had an extremely busy but amazing month of weddings with glorious sunshine for all of my wonderful couples.
- Had my 12 week scan and all was looking happy and healthy
- Received lovely feedback from my couples and their families
- We found out we were having a baby girl!
- Had an inspiration shoot featured on Bridal Musings
- My new website went live after months of editing and hard work
- Found out I was in the top three for the best wedding planners in Leeds!
- Received lots of enquiries for personal celebrations
- Had my last wedding of the year and made a beautiful friend for life 🙂
- Hosted my own baby shower which was lots of fun!
- Announced that I was fully booked for Spring and Summer weddings in 2019. Such a difference from this time last year, makes all the hard work worth it!
It has honestly been such a lovely thing to do and so nice to look over each week. It’s surprising how much can happen in a year!
Try it for yourself and be sure to let me know how you get on. I can’t wait to start again, bring on 2019!